The International House Method
The centrality of the student is the fundamental concept underlying the exclusive International House method.
In fact, our school is characterized by an organisational approach to teaching that, thanks to the entrance test, the initial interview and the language needs and objectives analysis, enables us to find the ideal course for each student from day one.
One of our strengths is the flexibility with which IH teachers, strictly certified as being either native or bilingual speakers, personalise lessons and timetables according to the pace of learning of their students.
All International House language courses are taught in the target language starting from the very first level and have been designed to develop the four basic skills of conversation, comprehension, reading and writing, paying special attention to grammar but most of all by doing exercises and role playing real situations in order to make all the lessons more effective and engaging.
The IH Method guarantees:
- Practical activities that make classroom work profitable and interactive
- Study course aimed at discovering new grammatical structures
- Reading and listening activities to develop comprehension skills, introduce new grammatical structures and widen vocabulary
- Pair and group work to increase students’ understanding of specific aspects of the language
- Role play to practice the language in a natural context
- Discussions concerning current news or cultural aspects of the country of the language being studied
- Plenty of opportunity for conversation
- We do use text books, but that’s not all we use! Our teachers always provide extra material to supplement the text books and make the lesson more interactive