Other Services for Italian Students
Social Programme: Fun with IH Milan!
The best way to discover the city, meet other students, make new friends, put to good use what you learnt in class and … have fun!
Milan is a lively, multicultural city. There is a wide variety of bars, theatres, restaurants, cinemas and art galleries and cultural events are organised every day. We believe that a programme of social and cultural events is a must for all students. International House Milan organises a monthly social programme so that students can learn and improve their Italian outside the school. The events are open to all students, of all levels, and can be booked at school. The programmes are planned to help you explore all the social and cultural aspects of the city, making studying even more effective but above all fun thanks to direct involvement in real situations where you can use what you have learnt.
Milan is a lively, multicultural city. There is a wide variety of bars, theatres, restaurants, cinemas and art galleries and cultural events are organised every day. We believe that a programme of social and cultural events is a must for all students.
International House Milan organises a monthly social programme so that students can learn and improve their Italian outside the school. The events are open to all students, of all levels, and can be booked at school.
The programmes are planned to help you explore all the social and cultural aspects of the city, making studying even more effective but above all fun thanks to direct involvement in real situations where you can use what you have learnt.
Activities can include visits to museums, art galleries and theatres, ten pin bowling, karaoke or the cinema, walking tours of the city and wine and food tastings! – often linked to important events organised in the city such as the Fashion Week, the Salone del Mobile or the Crafts Fair.
- afternoon visits to places of interest such as the Scala Opera House Museum, the Science and Technology Museum, art exhibitions, special events
- International Happy Hours, the evening at renown bars and cafés, to start with an aperitif and continue into the wee small hours!
- Dinners and aperitifs organised in the evenings to taste Italian food with students, teachers and the IH staff
- Evening cooking and wine tasting evenings. These are held at a famous cookery school where our students are always welcome!
- Trips at the weekends organised on request to nearby cities such as Bergamo, Verona, Lake Como, Genoa and the towns and villages on the Ligurian coast where you shouldn’t miss the chance to taste the famous focaccia
- Our Movie Club, in the afternoon once a week: we screen Italian films that have been used in class for teaching purposes. The subtitles are in Italian!
The students can also take part, free of charge, in the events organised by International Week at the most famous clubs in Milan such as Just Cavalli, Hollywood and Old Fashion!
Visit Our Facebook page for updates, photos, videos and to see our students’ comments!
Milan is served by 3 international airports (Linate, Malpensa and Bergamo Orio al Serio) and 7 railway stations, 2 of which (Centrale and Garibaldi) have international arrivals and departures.
On request, an IH Milan representative can meet students on arrival at the airport/station and accompany them to their accommodation. You should indicate that you want to make use of the meeting service at the time of enrolment; you must then send the school the flight details (date of arrival, airline, flight number, arrival airport).
Alternatively, students can take a taxi or use public transport, a much cheaper way of reaching the accommodation booked:
- There is a 24 hour bus service to Milan city centre from all the main airports. These run at regular intervals throughout the day
- There are also frequent trains from Milan Malpensa airport
- You’ll also find taxi ranks outside the airport arrival terminals
- Finally, the railway stations are well served by the underground, trams and buses
EU citizens do not need a visa to enter Italy. Non-EU citizens must contact their Consulate or Embassy to find out if they need a visa and to get more information.
For students who need an entry visa, IH Milan will send an Invitation Letter to submit to the Consulate or Embassy at the time of application. This letter will be issued only after full payment has been received for the programme chosen by the student.
In the cases where the visa is not granted, IH Milan will reimburse the entire sum paid, with the exception of the enrolment fee, the courier fee and €80.00 which will be withheld to cover administration expenses providing that the student sends the original letter in which the reasons for the refusal are outlined.
The website of the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs provides more information on what documents foreigners need to have to come to Italy.Ask for Information
Accommodation in family homes, in apartments or as you request!
Accommodation for full time students offered by International House Milan is carefully chosen and inspected regularly to check the quality. All accommodation is well connected to the school by underground, tram or bus. The average commute is around 25 minutes.
Accommodation is a very important aspect of the experience and for this reason it is important that it be chosen with care.
Accommodation is booked from the Sunday prior to the start of the course until the Saturday after it ends. Extra nights can be booked on request, paying a small surcharge.
Accommodation in a single room with a host family: the best way to practise Italian!
- Single room, bed & breakfast: € 190.00 per week
- Single room, half board: € 255.00 per week
- Single room, no meals: € 160.00 per week
Accommodation booking fee: € 35.00.
Prices for ensuite-rooms and double rooms are available on requests.
The accommodation service is managed by Antonella Guglielmucci, our external accommodation consultant. For any enquiry you can contact her directly at email@example.com
Alternatively, you can stay at a residence, hotel, hostel or in private apartments located throughout the city. For more information please download the pdf with special deals for our students or contact the school for further options.