The history of International House Milan & San Donato
International House Milan & San Donato was founded in San Donato Milanese in 1982 by Sieglinde Wolkan and Claudio Tedesco as Centro Lingue Tradint.
In 1997 a second school was opened in Milan city centre, just a stone’s throw from the Duomo Cathedral and the school became affiliated to the International House World Organisation, the internationall organisation set up in 1953, renowned throughout the world for the high standards of quality and professionalism it expects from its affiliated language schools.
The history of International House World Organisation
Founded in 1953 by John and Brita Haycraft, International House World Organisation is one of the largest and oldest networks of language schools in the world. The International House network is currently present in 52 different countries and on every continent with over 160 affiliated language schools.
IH Client Promise
A high-quality language school
The quality guaranteed by International House is the result of the experience and know-how of its teachers. At the heart of everything there is a concept of constant development and enrichment, fulfilled by the constant and systematic training of our teachers.
All our teachers are native speakers or bilingual, with certifications for language teaching such as CELTA, DELTA or equivalent, and all are experienced in their field of specialisation.
Our teachers take part in periodic refresher courses on teaching methods and techniques for approaching students with the aim of constantly improving their quality as teachers. If you want to be the best teacher, you never stop learning!
To complete the picture, our didactic management establishes the content of all courses, periodically observes the lessons, coordinates and supports the teachers and makes sure that everything goes as planned.
International House Milan & San Donato and the environment
International House Milan joins Greta Thunberg’s protest against environmental degradation and has decided to do its part as best as possible. Preempting the timing of politics, from April 11, 2019 we have given completely recyclable PET bottles to all our students, so that they can always carry the bottles with them. We have also replaced the disposable plastic cups of the hot drink dispensing machines with biodegradable cups.
Environmental sustainability is an important value for our school and we are demonstrating it with many small daily choices, such as “leafleting without leaflets”. Last year we advertised our courses without printing the classic cardboard flyers, thus avoiding wasting paper and creating waste, but using only a giant flyer and a QR code to access all the information online.
In addition to this, we have completed a project we have been working on for a long time: the installation of solar panels on the roof of our school in San Donato.
It is only a small step towards a more ecological approach, but we hope it will serve as an example and incentive for everyone who knows us and frequents the school.