Work with us
Work with us
Work with the International House team
In addition to the open positions indicated on this page, every year International House recruits experienced and qualified teachers.
PASSIONATE, QUALIFIED, YL TEACHERS FOR OUR SUMMER CAMP
Searching for two passionate, qualified, YL teachers for our summer camp.
- When? June 13th – July 8th
- 4 week long camp in San Giuliano Milanese with access to public transport
- Students aged 6 – 11years old
- Choice between three shifts.
Good salary! Fun team!
JUNIOR CLIENT MANAGER FOR IELTS DEPARTMENT
International House Milan is a language school that offers quality services in the fields of language teaching, teacher training and translation. IH Milan is the Official IELTS Center, Cambridge and Linguaskill. Working in IH Milano means becoming part of a great team, which supports and enhances talent.
IH Milan is looking for a Junior Client Manager (Customer Manager), who takes care of relations with public and private schools that already have IELTS exams in the area of Milan and Northern Italy.
The Junior Client Manager is the point of reference in the management of IH Milano’s IELTS portfolio, responsible for customer assistance from planning the calendar of sessions, to the registration phase, through to sending official communications and managing the newsletter.
The objective of the Junior Client Manager is customer loyalty thanks to an impeccable customer care able to understand and satisfy the needs and thanks to the ability to solve problems and propose adequate solutions.
Interpersonal skills will be key to generating interest and trust in key customers.
The Client Manager will also be entrusted with administrative tasks that are essential for the correct and effective functioning of the IELTS Department.
The characteristics sought in the candidates are:
- Preferably a degree in communication or marketing
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Excellent communication skills and predisposition to dialogue
- Advanced problem-solving and organization skills
- Excellent word processing and spreadsheet skills
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to understand and anticipate customer needs, proposing optimal solutions to ensure satisfaction
- Predisposition to a commercial role in close contact with customers
- Willingness to travel to Northern Italy (even on Saturdays)
- Knowledge of English level B2 is required
Anyone interested can send an e-mail with their CV to email@example.com, indicating “Junior Client Manager” in the subject line.
PASSIONATE, CELTA QUALIFIED YL TEACHER
- Start Date: January 2022
- Location: San Donato and Southeast of Milan
- Salary: To be discussed at interview
- Contract type: Freelance /Project
- You must be a passionate teacher of Young Learners (6-11 years old) and have experience in this area
- You must have a CELTA, Trinity TESOL, or equivalent initial teaching qualification
- Full mastery of English across all 4 skills to CEFR C2/IELTS band 8 required, evidenced by a high standard of written and spoken English throughout the application process. This applies to both native and non-native applicants.
- All teachers must be based in Milan or surrounds for the duration of their contact.
- This role is open only to those with the right to work within the EU. (Please note that UK citizens no longer automatically have the right to work in the EU, so please check your visa status.)
Additional / Preferred requirements
- Candidates with IHVYL or IHCYLT or equivalent young learners teaching qualifications
- Candidates with at least a B1 level of spoken Italian
- Candidates who are currently based in Italy or in Milan
We are looking for enthusiastic teachers who would like to join our dynamic team at IH Milan and San Donato where we have been providing high quality lessons, translations and teacher training for 39 years.
We provide a supportive team environment of teaching professionals and pride ourselves on having a team of teachers who have come from different walks of life, but who have the same common interest – team work, professionality and a passion for teaching, learning and growth.
We are highly regarded within the International House organisation, Milan and beyond for the quality of our professional development, teaching and teacher training.
Your timetable will primarily be made up of short courses for groups of young learners during school hours in off-site primary schools. There may also be the possibility of teaching a mix of other ages and levels, including VYL, teenagers, adults and 121s. These courses could be Business English, General English or Exam Preparation (Cambridge and IELTS) and could be either face-to-face or Zoom lessons.
Teaching hours: A full-time teacher teaches an average of 26 contact hrs a week and as much as 32.5 contact hours a week in specific peak times of the year.
Availability requested: school’s opening hours from 9am to 9pm during the week and Saturdays until 2pm. You may occasionally be asked to help out with social events for YL and/or adult learners & invigilation for exam sessions.
Note: As we teach a large number of students in companies and state schools, it is very possible that on a daily basis, your classes will be both onsite and off-site in state schools or at client companies. All travel expenses are reimbursed and travel time will also be taken into consideration depending on contract type and distance from both of our schools.
Online courses: In the event of having to work from home due to the pandemic, you will teach all of your classes via Zoom, and will receive any support you need from the school to do this.
Teacher Training and Development:
- Free attendance and participation at the IH Milan & San Donato Annual Conference and Workshops
- Monthly 1:1 meeting with a senior staff member, Academic Coordinator or DoS
- Monthly teachers’ meeting
- Bi-weekly inset /training sessions
- Peer, formal and video observations
- Large library of professional development resources
- A supportive staffroom, with senior staff are available to help with anything you need when planning
Employment terms and benefits
- Possibility of full-time contracts and part time contracts, as well as annual freelance collaboration.
- Possibility of reimbursement for external training courses upon successful completion of a year of more of employment.
- Lessons are suspended over Easter and Christmas and all Italian national holidays, in line with the Ministry of Education’s annual calendar.
- Both schools are closed for either one or two weeks in August.
- There is no assistance provided with accommodation, flights, visas, meals or personal travel costs (e.g. Milan subway or Lombardy train cards).
- IH Milan – San Donato does not have a bonus scheme
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “YL TEACHING POSITION”.
OCCASIONAL PROFESSIONAL SERVICES
We are looking for occasional collaborators based in Milan and Turin who join our IELTS team as “invigilator”. Those who wish to apply instead of using the form on the right must send an email with their CV to email@example.com. The selected candidates will be summoned for an interview at our school in Milan.
- knowledge of English level C1 or higher
- good familiarity with office package
- professionalism, precision and punctuality
- problem solving
- team player
- stress management
- customer care
- willingness to travel
- availability to work on Saturdays and / or during the week
- hourly flexibility
- excellent communication skills and willingness to collaborate with the IELTS team
- availability to follow online and classroom training
Online application form
If you meet the necessary requirements and want to apply, you can fill out the form below by attaching your curriculum vitae in PDF or .doc format and indicating the position you are interested in