IHCYLT training for teachers
Corsi di Inglese individuali
Lezioni personalizzate per aiutarti a raggiungere i tuoi obiettivi
- 30 hours of input sessions which cover areas such as Child Development, Clarifying and Practising Language, L1 in the classroom, Teaching Adolescents, Material Design and Selection.
- 6 hours of observation of experienced YL teachers and peers.
- 3 hours of assessed teaching practice. This essential part of the course allows trainees to demonstrate that they are able to put the theory presented in the input sessions into practice.
- Lesson planning is an important part of the course in which trainees must demonstrate the thought process behind their planning and show awareness of the theory presented in the input sessions. Trainees are supported in lesson planning by the tutor.
- Two written assignments are required. These assignments will demonstrate trainees’ understanding of basic teaching principles as well as their ability to reflect on their own development as a teacher.
- The Portfolio is a collection of tasks and projects completed over the course related to the input sessions and reflections on teaching practice.
IHCYLT preparation course
- WHEN: 2 October – 11 December 2020
- TIMETABLE: Fridays from 9am to 12:15pm plus 8 afternoons from 15.00-18.30 (no lesson October 30th)
- LOCATION: online
- TOTAL HOURS: 30 hours of input, 6 hours of observation, 3 hours of assessed teaching practice, 5 hours of individual feedback and tutorials
- PRE-REQUISITES: Minimum C1 level of English, initial teaching qualification (CELTA or equivalent) or substantial classroom experience, applicants must be 18 years of age and educated to at least university entrance level
- HOW TO ENROL: complete application form and send to email@example.com
- COST: € 850,00* + €2 tax fee (includes IHWO/Cambridge fee for external moderation and final certificate)
*Our school is a certified member of AISLI, an association accredited to teach state and private school teachers: you can spend your “Buono Scuola” here!
The input sessions are comprised of the following:
- Teaching Young Learners
- Classroom Management
- Child Development
- Planning for Young Learners
- Clarification of new language
- Practising new language
- Different approaches to the teaching of Young Learners
- Use of L1 in the classroom
- Dealing with Mixed Ability
- Error Correction
- Speaking & Listening
- Teaching Very Young Learners
- Reading & Writing
- Teaching Adolescents
- Testing & Assessment
- Dealing with Parents
- IT and Video
- Using games in the YL classroom
- The ‘extras’ of teaching YLs
Meet the Course Tutors!
Main Course Tutor
Kate Knight is the Director of Studies at IH Milan – San Donato. She has been working in ELT since 2007 as a teacher and teacher trainer before moving into academic management. While she loves all aspects of her job, she has a real passion for working with children and young people. Kate is CELTA and DELTA qualified and is an approved tutor on both the IH VYL and IH CYLT.
Assistant Course Tutor
Tiziana Pace is the Young Learners Coordinator at International House Milan – San Donato. She has always been interested in foreign languages and cultures and after a few years abroad, she decided to combine that with her great passion for working with children. Tiziana is CELTA qualified and is an approved tutor on the IH VYL.