IHCYLT training for teachers
Corsi di Inglese individuali
Lezioni personalizzate per aiutarti a raggiungere i tuoi obiettivi
- 30 hours of input sessions which cover areas such as Child Development, Clarifying and Practising Language, L1 in the classroom, Teaching Adolescents, Material Design and Selection.
- 6 hours of observation of experienced YL teachers and peers.
- 3 hours of assessed teaching practice. This essential part of the course allows trainees to demonstrate that they are able to put the theory presented in the input sessions into practice.
- Over 8 hours of assisted lesson planning, feedback and tutorials. Lesson planning is an important part of the course in which trainees must demonstrate the thought process behind their planning and show awareness of the theory presented in the input sessions. Trainees are supported in lesson planning by the tutor.
- Two written assignments are required. These assignments will demonstrate trainees’ understanding of basic teaching principles as well as their ability to reflect on their own development as a teacher.
- The Portfolio is a collection of tasks and projects completed over the course related to the input sessions and reflections on teaching practice.
- Next online course: 21st January – 25th March 2022
- lessons on Fridays
- assessed teaching practice will take place in the morning
- Minimum C1 level of English
- initial teaching qualification (CELTA or equivalent) or substantial classroom experience
- applicants must be 18 years of age and educated to at least university entrance level
- How to enrol: complete application form and send to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cost: € 850* + €2 tax fee (includes IHWO/Cambridge fee for external moderation and final certificate)
*Our school is a certified member of AISLI, an association accredited to teach state and private school teachers: you can spend your “Buono Scuola” here!
The input sessions are comprised of the following:
- Teaching Young Learners
- Teaching Teens
- Classroom Management
- Child Development
- Planning for Young Learners
- Clarification of new language & checking understanding
- Practising new language
- Different approaches to the teaching of Young Learners
- Use of L1 in the YL classroom
- Dealing with Mixed Abilities
- Error Correction
- Developing Listening & Speaking Skills
- Developing Reading & Writing skills
- Testing & Assessment
- Using games in the YL classroom
- Classroom instructions & Classroom language
- Methods & Approaches
- Focus on the learner
- Aims and Objectives
- YL & second language acquisition
- Accuracy & correction techniques
Meet the Course Tutors!
Kate Knight - Course Tutor
Kate Knight is a freelance Teacher Trainer based in the UK. She started her ELT career in 2007 first as a teacher, then Senior Teacher, Young Learner Coordinator, and Director of Studies. In her various academic management roles she has served as a mentor for hundreds of teachers. She is most passionate about teaching children and teenagers and is the main course tutor on both the IH VYL and IH CYLT. She is both CELTA and DELTA-qualified.
Tiziana Pace - Assistant Course Tutor
Tiziana Pace is the Young Learners Coordinator at International House Milan – San Donato. She has always been interested in foreign languages and cultures and after a few years abroad, she decided to combine that with her great passion for working with children. Tiziana is CELTA qualified and is an approved tutor on the IH VYL.