The course was well organized. Teachers were well prepared and most of all very patient. I really enjoyed it. It gave me tips on how to improve and implement my online teaching.
Best Practice in Online Teaching
Session 1: Platform features
In this session we will take a tour of the most important features of the platforms that participants are currently using. We will consolidate knowledge of them and practice using them in a peer-teaching format.
Session 2: Adapting teaching techniques to the online environment
This session will look at ways to adapt what we normally do in class to the online environment. We will cover presenting, setting tasks and giving instructions, monitoring, classroom management, feedback, eliciting, error correction, supporting learners.
Session 3: Organisation, sharing & communication
In this session we will explore different tools to help us organise our materials and share them with students in an effective way. We will also consider safeguarding and copyright issues.
Session 4: Online Engagement
In this session participants will be guided through some EdTech apps that can boost student engagement. They will have the chance to set up accounts and practise using them with their peers.
Session 5: Flipped Classroom methodology
This session will focus on using this approach in a variety of contexts. Participants will be offered hands-on experience of creating their own materials to be used in a flipped classroom.
Session 6: Review & troubleshooting
In this last session we will deal with common problems associated with online teaching and attempt to find solutions based on the knowledge acquired during the course.
I had the chance to share experience with other colleagues and the trainers were well prepared to answer to our questions and to explain us all we need to know to teach in an on line lesson.
I thank all the teachers of the SoS DAD course, I think the course was really good, we had enough time to go through all the issues we had. All the sessions were lively and pleasant, now it’s our turn to implement.
- Total hours: 9 (6 sessions of 1.5 hours)
- Frequency: intensively, semi-intensively, or extensively
- Next online courses:
- we planning the next courses..
- Don’t see dates that fit your schedule? Contact us!
- Platform: Zoom
- Minimum level required for the English version: B1+
- Min/Max number of participants: 4/12
- Price: €210
- Day 1
- 9.00-10.30 Session 1: Platform features
- 10.45-12.15 Session 2: Adapting teaching techniques to the online environment
- Day 2
- 9.00-10.30 Session 3: Organisation, sharing & communication
- 10.45-12.15 Session 4: Online Engagement
- Day 3
- 9.00-10.30 Session 5: Flipped Classroom methodology
- 10.45-12.15 Session 6: Review & troubleshooting
Please fill in the enrolment form: