Best Practice in Online Teaching
Session 1: Platform features
In this session we will take a tour of the most important features of the platforms that participants are currently using. We will consolidate knowledge of them and practice using them in a peer-teaching format.
Session 2: Adapting teaching techniques to the online environment
This session will look at ways to adapt what we normally do in class to the online environment. We will cover presenting, setting tasks and giving instructions, monitoring, classroom management, feedback, eliciting, error correction, supporting learners.
Session 3: Organisation, sharing & communication
In this session we will explore different tools to help us organise our materials and share them with students in an effective way. We will also consider safeguarding and copyright issues.
Session 4: Education Technology
In this session participants will be guided through some EdTech apps that can boost student engagement. They will have the chance to set up accounts and practise using them with their peers.
Session 5: Flipped Classroom methodology
This session will focus on using this approach in a variety of contexts. Participants will be offered hands-on experience of creating their own materials to be used in a flipped classroom.
Session 6: Review & troubleshooting
In this last session we will deal with common problems associated with online teaching and attempt to find solutions based on the knowledge acquired during the course.
- Total hours: 9 (6 sessions of 1.5 hours)
- Frequency: intensively, semi-intensively, or extensively
- Next courses:
- Jan 18-23 (1.5 hours per day – on request also on 3 consecutive days)
- Jan 25-30 (1.5 hours a day – on request also on 3 consecutive days)
- Don’t see dates that fit your schedule? Contact us!
- Platform: Zoom
- Minimum level required for the English version: B1+
- Min/Max number of participants: 4/12
- Price: €210
- Week of Jan 18th – AM
- Monday 9-10.30 and 10.45-12.15 (Sessions 1&2)
- Tuesday 9-10.30 (Session 3)
- Wednesday 9-10.30 and 10.45-12.15 (Sessions 4&5)
- Thursday 9-10.30 (Session 6)
- Week of Jan 25th – PM
- Monday 14.00-15.30 (Session 1)
- Tuesday 17.00-18.30 (Session 2)
- Wednesday 14.00-15.30 (Session 3)
- Thursday 13.45-15.15 and 15.30-16.45 (Sessions 4&5)
- Friday 17-18.30 (Session 6)
Please fill in the enrolment form: